The castle in this picture is Boldt Castle. It was being built on a heart-shaped island in the early 1900's for a rich man's wife. She died before it was completed, the rich guy called it off, and he said that it can never be completed because his wife never got to live there. It is a fun place to tour.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Alexandria Bay
I've always wanted to try for some star trails. While I was in the 1000 Islands of New York/Canada, I managed to try it on one particularly clear evening. My tripod slipped at some point during the three hour exposure, but I really like the product. When I get back to West Virginia or western PA again, I will try where there is less light pollution. My current location (south-central PA) has terrible light pollution from New York, Philly, Baltimore, and DC.

The castle in this picture is Boldt Castle. It was being built on a heart-shaped island in the early 1900's for a rich man's wife. She died before it was completed, the rich guy called it off, and he said that it can never be completed because his wife never got to live there. It is a fun place to tour.
The castle in this picture is Boldt Castle. It was being built on a heart-shaped island in the early 1900's for a rich man's wife. She died before it was completed, the rich guy called it off, and he said that it can never be completed because his wife never got to live there. It is a fun place to tour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment