Thursday, June 25, 2009

Recent Deaths and Music

The Weakerthans

Earlier this week, Kodak's ultra-famous color slide film died. Kodachrome was the first commercially available color film and many, many famous pictures were captured on Kodachrome. I prefer Fuji color films (Velvia, Astia, and Reala), but respect the Kodachromes and always kinda wished I had shot a roll or two. Maybe I will eBay a roll some time.

In other news, M. Jackson died a few hours ago. Sources say they knew something was up because his Twitter account hadn't been updated for about 4 hours.

On a lighter note:

The Weatherthans (my favorite band) released a 5 song EP this week of live, acoustic music from their first and latest albums. Of particular interest is the live version of Anchorless. This is an older song that they haven't played at any of the shows I've been to.

The Weakerthans

Also, I got my ticket in the mail for Weezer and Blink-182 in Cleveland on Sept. 2nd. This concert won't live up to my expectations, but it will still be awesome to finally see Weezer live.

The Weakerthans

(Weakerthans pictures from Cleveland show in 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment