Friday, July 3, 2009

My Blog Has Gone Public!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hadn't distributed the url until now because I wanted to build some content (if you can even call it that). I just wanted a place to share some happenings with my life. Feel free to read or comment or both. I never thought I would have a blog. That changed when I realized we can all be our own publishers and have it cost absolutely nothing.

Here are some things I have planned for the summer and for my blog:
1. Trip back to the the Lost Turkey Trail. This was the site of an epic 20k snowshoe trip in the freezing cold in 2007 and the trip that got me involved with Pitt's Outdoors Club. I've been meaning to go back in warm weather and camp along the stream.
2. Startrails and waterfalls of the Allegheny National Forrest. I've always wanted to do some star trail pictures and this area of PA is sparsely populated. That means no light pollution. There are also some crazy waterfalls I want to camp near. I hope this will be epic.
3. Ultralight hiking on the laurel Highlands Hiking Trail. This is one of my favorite places in western PA. There are some really nice shalters along the trail, so I don't need a tent. I want to do a large portion of the trail with only a fanny pack (so stylish) full of trail mix and my camera. Maybe a knife? Let me know if you want to join me on this one.

Last thing. Most new content will be published on the weekend, so check in then for fresh posts. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment